Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wale - Contemplate

Wale's debut album "Attention Deficit" dropped through Allido Records (Mark Ronson's label) & Interscope just 8 days ago. The long awaited compilation was leaked (boo, shitty deal) a close 6 days before the release date, but I'm sure the real Wale fans will pay their dues and purchase the cd nonetheless.

Gotta say though (on the truth tip), after skipping through the entire album, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. Not with Wale's track record, previous mixtapes, and lengthy hype for the 1st album, at least. Not to mention the album's absolutely ridiculous production credentials (Ronson, Cool & Dre, 9th Wonder, Green Lantern, J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League). I wanna say my expectations were too high but, damn, look at that stacked lineup.

I won't cement the decision just yet though... I'm going by mere song clips, as opposed to the entire effort. Until I cop the fully, this be my top pick:

Wale - Contemplate (ft. Rihanna)

Preview the entire album over here.

No comments: