Friday, July 11, 2008

Festival weekend

I'm supposed to be in Michigan right now. At some music festival, with a handfull of friends. I lost my passport though. And all my IDs are expired. AND both my birth certificate & citizenship card are Serbian. So much for cross-border fun. The friend that organized the trip (he's been going for 4 years straight) told me it was "funk, soul, and some hippy shit"... but all google results tell me its a weekend of pure folk music. Nowww, I can't get down to folk (he obviously knows this) - but the crew going is top notch, so the laughs/pics/memories would have been legit.


This same weekend, half-way across the globe (and back home), is a musical festival I'd be raving out to with childhood friends had I gone back to visit the fam this summer. The next few days at Exit Fest (in Novi Sad) are sprinkled with talents such as Soulwax, Booka Shade, Alex Metric, Claude Von Stroke, & Montreal's Tiga. That's on top of N*E*R*D, Afrika Bambaataa, DJ Hype, Shy FX, Sex Pistols, and a few hundred others. Shiiiiiiiit.




Instead, I'll be doing our local Bluesfest thing. The festival is actually getting bigger every year - Snoop & The Wailers a few days ago, plus Akon, Wyclef, Sean Paul, & Donna Summer this weekend.

No comments: