Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Diplo x Gucci Mane (mixtape)

I've been sucking major balls (II) at fulfilling my duty as Mad Decent Ottawa promo rep in the past few months, so time I change that around a bit. I blame it on iTunes & other purchase sites' country download restrictions though... almost all the promo, release, and freebie links I'm given are not attainable due to IP address cockblockery.

This, however, is available to everyone - Mad Decent head honcho Diplo's new Gucci mixtape, featuring an absolutely stacked roster of remix talent (Mumdance, Flying Lotus, Benzi, Willy Joy, Flying Lotus, + more). I'm no Gucci fan (I actually find him boring after the 40 second mark of every song), but this tape provides the only bearable/enjoyable flip of the Mane I've heard to date.

2 joints off the mixtape:

Gucci Mane - Excuse Me (Diplo remix)

Gucci Mane - Break Yourself (Diplo remix ft. Lil B)

...and snatch the entire compilation for free-99 here:

Gucci Mane - Diplo Presents: Free Gucci (Best of The Cold War Mixtapes)

No comments: