Monday, December 7, 2009

Busy Signal x Drake

Been seein' a lot of really shitty Drake remixes at the top of the hype machine popular charts lately. Awful attempts at speeding his otherwise slow delivery into something way too fast to suit the fist pumping clientele. How are these brutal wrongly matched pitch-fucked offbeat "remixes" getting so much (I'm talking 10,000+ downloads in 48hrs) love? I'm no dj... but you won't find me dancing in the laundry room to the sound of my shoes in the dryer.

If you're really tryin' to get the Drake crowd to slap the nearest wall when you drop an edit, at least play it safe and go with something they'll pop off (equally) to - a dancehall version:

Busy Signal - Nuh Fraid Of Them

...and if set on catering to the club peoples, go with a version (of another song) that actually fits & goes well:

Drake - Best I Ever Had (Grandtheft remix)

No comments: