Saturday, May 16, 2009

Trumpets & horns

I'm all about the trumpets & horns, it reminds me of my Serbian childhood. These songs are such a gypsy throwback for me. I still remember the walks home from kindergarten... cousins and best friends by my side, hands overflowing with rocks, prepping another weekly rock fight with the gypsy kids that lived several blocks from my house. Those kids would always try 'n jack our soccer balls, climb our apple trees, spit on us as we biked by. They'd even raid grandma's garden and sell the stolen veggies in the market the following morning. Damn we hated that gypsy mini-hood (& the trumpet music they forever played). Thinkin back now, those crowded neighbourhood rock throwing fights were vicious as shit. We even had a shotgun pulled on us by one of the gypsy kid's dads this one time (his son's nose got hella wrecked from a dead-on brick chunk, ha).

I gots love for the trumpets now though. Gots love for Sis & Jesse Rose too. Gots mad love for the Essential Mix where I first heard these two songs as well.

Jesse Rose - Touch My Horn (zShare)

Sis - Trompeta (Original Mix) (zShare)

No comments: