Monday, September 15, 2008

OneLove Artists now launched!

This is the 1st of my two big announcements. About 2/3 years ago, I started promoting hiphop concerts and parties for Kapacity Entertainment, an Ottawa based business headed by good friends Mikey & Graeme. What started as a small local hiphop movement back in '99 quickly evolved into one of Canada's premiere concert/club promotion companies, bringing everyone in from De La Soul, Clipse, and Talib Kweli, to A-Trak, RZA, and Chromeo. Mikey & Graeme were the guys that got me into this music-driven lifestyle. My involvement with their events, bookings, venues, talents, and crowds eventually led to my own bookings and parties (of non-conflicting music genres) & management of Drastik. I owe it all to these two homies, so I'm beyond excited for them and their brand new branch of Kapacity - a talent bookings & management firm by the name of OneLove Artists & Entertainment.

Their official OneLove roster is stackeddd, to say the least.

Live Acts (alphabetical)
4th Pyramid
Black Moon
Boot Camp Clik
Buckshot
CunninLynguists
Daybi
EMC
Flight Distance
Jeru The Damaja
J-Live
Joell Ortiz
Kidz In The Hall
Looptroop Rockers
Masta Ace
Necro
Prince Paul
RA The Rugged Man
Ruste Juxx
Sean Price
Special Teamz
Theology 3
Virgin Blonde Fantasy

DJs (alphabetical)
9th Wonder
Drastik
Grandmaster Roc Raida
Ill Insanity
J-Live
Kid SL
P-Plus
Precision
Prince Paul
Rob Swift
Skratch Bastid
Stylusts Crew
Tasc
Tom Wrecks
Total Eclipse

For full company & booking/tour info, hit up the new OneLove A&E website.

PS. OneLove & I will be working together to book a Drastik & Kid Fresh (holder of 3 worldwide, 2 European, & 5 national ITF & DMC DJ championship titles) North American tour this coming spring. Keep your eyes & ears peeled.

1 comment:

Lowpass said...

Nice! Kapacity where always one of the most professional crews to deal with back when I was on the other end of that game, I hope OneLove has similar success.