Monday, April 7, 2008

Some Radio BJs

Soooo 830+ submissions deep and less than a month left in Radiohead's "Nude" remix contest.

The 2nd single (released on March 31st) from "In Rainbows" has been open for editing, and seems everyone is taking a crack at it.

For those unfamiliar with the contest, it flows as follows:
You hit up iTunes Plus and purchase 5 tracks from the original recording (voice, guitar, bass, strings/effects, drums). Upon package buy-age, you receive an access code needed to finish the project via the Logic or GarageBand music production software. Once complete, you upload your version to radioheadremix.com and spam your friends' facebook walls with the voting link.

The current leader is Tdot's (soon to be on tour with M.I.A.) Holy Fuck, with this:


Holding the 10th spot is Amplive, a Cali beatmaker that I first got a taste of when in my (heavy) Zion I phase. Sprinkled with vocals by Too $hort, Nudez & MC Zumbi of Zion I, this is his version:


Amplive also did a take on Radiohead's "Videotape" a while ago - with a Del The Funky Homosapien facelift.


Peep & stream the other submissions @ radioheadremix.com.

1 comment:

KidCashtro/DJ Mes Music Feedback Spot! said...

I was gonna give this a crack iggy BUT i dunno ;?

I got all the stems for it though... !